Oceanic DX Contest
The Bunbury Radio Club participated in the Oceanic DX Contest during the weekend of October 1 -2.
You can find out more here >>>>
International Museum Weekend
The Bunbury Radio Club participated in the International Museum weekend held on June 25 – 26 at the Southwest Rail Heritage Museum at Boyanup.
Bunbury Dunnies on the Air (BDOTA)
The inaugural Bunbury Dunnies on the Air (BDOTA) one hour contest was organised by Ian Bailey VK6MIB and held on the 14th November, 2015. Ian spent a lot of time planning the contest and it was well organised.
It was a very warm day and seven radio enthusiasts took part in BDOTA on the day.
- Eight different toilets were activated during the competition with 34 contacts made on both 2 metres and 70 centimetres simplex and duplex.
- The club repeaters got a lot more exercise than usual, the 70cm repeater surprising all who participated with solid handheld contacts from everywhere they tried.
- There were two activator teams “The Plumbers” – Brian, VK6TGQ and his son Cameron and “The Baileys” – Ian, VK6MIB and son William.
- “The Plumbers” were the winning activators on 117 points whilst “The Baileys” were a close 110 points.
- The winner of the chaser category was Jonathan, VK6JON closely followed by Richard VK6VRO.
- Overall, it was a success with no problems, although Ian would like to see more club members participating if it is run again next year.